Safety Solutions for Oil & Gas Industry
Solutions for Conference Rooms
Control and Situational Rooms
Safety Solutions for Oil & Gas Industry
Trunk pipelines, pumping and compressor stations, and other facilities of oil and gas industry infrastructure require modern and reliable control and safety systems. Introduction of those solutions targets the maximum operational efficiency and ensuring safety, minimum idle time, and high standards for product quality and environmental safety. Such complex tasks can be solved by a uniform automated system for control and safety.
This system will :
- Create a uniform standard management project incorporating all of the systems in terms of control and safety;
- Prepare a list of the most efficient pieces of equipment to solve specific tasks;
- Integrate different engineering systems into a single complex;
- Provide modern level of centralized control, management, and monitoring of facilities with recording of all events;
- Ensure savings on the account of prevention of unsanctioned intrusions into trunk pipelines with the purpose of stealing the transported products; and
- Decrease the negative environmental impact by means of developing an efficient system to detect leakages and to control corrosion in trunk pipelines.
Complex automated management, control, and safety system should include the following:
- trunk pipeline protection system;
- local facility safety system;
- information protection system;
- advanced control center;
- comprehensive safety software platform.
Trunk Pipeline Protection System
This system is intended for early detection of intrusions into trunk pipeline facilities and for prevention of unsanctioned access to guarded areas.
These objectives are reached by a fiber-optic alarm system, which is perfect for the purposes of guarding pipelines and perimeters and the telecom networks alongside pipelines and their adjacent facilities.
This type of protection system uses the method of distributed acoustic sensing (DAS). An optical electronic element affixed to a fiber optic cable transforms the entire item into a sensitive detection device.
After analyzing the reflected optical signal and the difference in time between the sendout of an impulse and the return of the reflected signal, a control device is able to determine the status of the signal in all points of the fiber-optic cable. The system can detect a change in an acoustic signal at a large distance and determine the distance from a control device to a detection point.
The supervision (monitoring) of all the pipeline intactness makes it possible to timely detect and localize the leakages and damages caused by landslides and the points of unsanctioned intrusion.
Local Facility Safety System
A local facility safety system consists of a set of technical safety tools and includes the following subsystems:
Main functions of control system for a set of technical safety tools:
Control system is a software complex atop of all other systems meeting the following criteria:
- It has a modular structure enabling the linkage to various safety systems;
- It makes it possible to broaden the operational solutions and to add up elements to the system (final control elements, AWS operators, etc.); and
- Flexible interface enabling the formation of user interfaces based on functional objectives.
Broad communicational and integration capacities enabling the eventual development of the system and the obtainment of additional information from external systems: climate control systems, communication systems, engineering automation systems, etc.
Control system ensures completion of the following tasks:
- Receipt of information about the condition of all systems and elements;
- Receipt and processing of alarm signals from each of the systems (from specific types of terminal devices);
- Visualization of the received information for the operators in a convenient form: planning, list of alarms, running letters, duty monitor, alarm monitor, and other;
- Producing acoustic signals and voice messages for an operator and for a troubled area;
- Fulfillment of alarm processing scenarios;
- Provision of convenient instructions for standard and non-standard situations to an operator and ensuring control of how those instructions are followed;
- Complete logging of all recorded events.
The main functions of security video surveillance system are as follows:
- The operators will receive the main share of the actual information from a security video surveillance system, and therefore we pay special attention to it when designing a uniform integrated system.
- Security video surveillance system provides nonstop round-the-clock collection of video (audio) information and makes it possible to archive the received data and to provide it to the operators in the online mode. It also enables the access to the archive in order to search, analyze, and export the data.
The main functions of access control and management system (ACMS) are as follows:
- Access control and management system is intended to ensure that the access granting and the staff in-house movement control policies are complied with, and it is also intended for supervision of how motor vehicles and other machinery move around.
- In order to manage the moving processes within a guarded area, personal identifiers, readout devices, access restriction devices, and hardware/software analysis and control tools are utilized. round.
- ACMS ensures a stable control of how control elements operate in various working modes, differentiates the access to guarded areas according to prescribed rules, and provides operators with online information on the condition of subsystems and mechanisms.
- ACMS is a part of the KSB and it operates in close cooperation with other systems.
According to the facility safety plan, the access control and management system makes it possible to create several groups of users with different levels of access:
- Central Post Operator has priority over any other operators of the system (except for the senior shift operator and security department supervisor);
- Local Safety Post Operator;
- Checkpoint Operator has the access to all final control elements within the checkpoint: gates, wickets, and turnstiles);
- Pass Office Operator has the access to the whole identifier database and can make additions, deletions, and editing of user data.
The main functions of an alarm system are as follows:
Alarm system ensures protection of separately located facilities, enclosed areas, and facility perimeters. The system uses central supervision check desks, central security panels, and alarming devices for the operators to localize the intrusions detected and the alarms raised.
Each of the guarded areas can be put on or taken off the security watch and the status of a guarded area can be localized by a particular building operator (central post operator).
The security on/off procedure is performed by means of:
- Keyboards (exact location to be determined at the implementation stage);
- Personal access codes if the ACMS readout devices are required.
Perimeter Security System
The system developed perfectly fits the facilities where it is necessary to ensure the protection from the attempts to cut through the fencing or to get over it.
The improved communication protocol broadens the opportunities for the interaction of the system units by means of a sensitive element. The system mounted on the fencing will use modern algorithms for digital signal processing (DSP) and will make it possible to detect the place of attempted intrusion with the accuracy of up to 3 meters in range, and it will not react to false alarms and interferences caused by rain, wind or road traffic. The best signal/noise ratio in such a system, same as the wide frequency range, will significantly increase the accuracy of detection of the intrusion places and will minimize the probability of occurrence of false alarms (FAR/NAR).
A system of radio ray sensors for perimeter protection mounted at open spaces, gates, approach ways, walls, and roofs. It is based on proven technologies of radio ray emission and it makes it possible to detect an intrusion with the minimum number of false alarms. The advances digital signal processing (DSP) makes it possible to continuously trace the alarm signals and process the parameters of the detected field.
The desire to control ever larger numbers of parameters in complex distributed control systems used in technological processes and production and transportation flows and in data transmission networks sets the increased requirements to the present-day instruments for real-time imaging and visualization of continuously incoming information.
In order to improve the efficiency of the operator's work and the fast responses to occurring events, it is suggested to have a control center equipped with modern systems for data visualization.
The advantages of the control center are:
- single analytical database;
- interactive map of recorded events;
- fast response to and correct decision for the occurring events;
- history of events and response;
- control and monitoring of the entire security system.
Modern hotel complexes have reached a new level. Hotel complexes are not just "a place to stop for a night" anymore, like it used to be. They have to fulfill all the requirements for safety and reliability, providing optional services for entertainment and rest, holding business events, conferences and banquets, satisfying guest's needs from the moment of check-in till check-out and payment, creating the positive image of the hotel, gaining a certain status and positive reviews of the guests.
For hotel complex equipment LEATER offers security systems - video surveillance, access control systems, fire alarm systems and background synchronizing system in hotel areas; installing interactive television system, IP-telephony and safe deposit boxes in the hotel rooms; installing modern audio and visual systems in multifunctional conference halls and ball-rooms; installing visualization and sound systems in the restaurants, recreation areas and SPA-centers; informing guests about events and services offered by hotel by means of distributed advertising and reference information system Digital Signage.
Hotel Video Surveillance System
Nowadays security video surveillance system is an integral element of hotel security provision. It is responsible for control of the rooms and territories during the day and in the night with the help of security monitors. Events can be archived in twenty-four-hour recording mode, in the mode of recording by motion detector circuit, or in the mode of scheduled recording.
The system of security video surveillance may include IP-cameras, video processors, video information display units (monitors), video information recording and storage devices. Fixed and robotized indoor and outdoor cameras are used to construct the system.
To provide services for the big facilities it is preferable to install automatic security system complex comprising of:
- fire alarm system,
- fire notification system,
- security alarm system,
- security video surveillance system,
- access control system.
BIS (Building Integration System) software complex is meant for integration of all the parts of automatic security system.
This complex is an integral platform to join all security and other systems, such as engineering equipment required for normal functioning of stand-by and controlling services.
Interactive Hotel Television System
Interactive hotel television system is designed to provide guests with information services and communication with hotel services in the interactive mode via TV sets. The system greets the guest in the room with a welcome message and introduces the hotel services in a quick and simple way, helps a guest to order room service online, organize their leisure time or provide enjoyable time of relaxation while watching TV shows and films.
All the functions of the menu system are brought to the screen with TV remote control by simply pressing a button.
The television system provides the following functions:
- Welcome message for the guest
- Direct messages for the guest
- Paid TV
- Video on demand
- Account review
- Clock and Alarm
- Order of services and room service
- Information on leisure activities
- Notification in case of emergency
The construction of the TV system provides the integration with the hotel control system, which makes it possible to carry out those functions automatically.
Using unique protective materials, the original block locking mechanisms system, the optimal combination of locks of different constructions and many other details provide reliable protection against fire and burglary.
Hotel safes operate on personal 4-10-digit pin-codes chosen by the guests. They are equipped with LCD display and easy-to-use buttons, while their sizes allow storing valuables, documents and laptop. Safe deposit box is protected from guessing the pin-code: the number of possible attempts of incorrect pin-code entry is from 0 to 10, the lock period after exceeding the number of incorrect pin-codes input is 1 to 30 minutes.
Solutions for Conference Rooms
Control and Situational Rooms
Turnkey development and implementation of control and crisis centers is one of the 4Qube's specializations. We built the first control centre back in 1996, and since that time we see our task as of system integrator of AV&IT solutions, to provide our customer with modern technologies, reliable equipment and full integration with existing infrastructure from the concept and project development to implementation, warranty and maintenance of the complete control center.
Control center, Situational center, Control room, are, first of all, a tool of manager's work used to evaluate crisis or current situation; a tool that helps to model and control financial and economic state of the region, social sphere, and evaluate risks of emergency situation occurrence. That is why each competent manager should be interested in setting up a situational centre / control room.
Benefits of Offered Solution:
- High effectiveness for organizing monitoring and management of separate technological processes that require attention from control service;
- High reliability and maintainability, long service life, support of 24 hour operation;
- Ability to gradually increase and update display system.
Each control room requires individual well thought-out solution.
We will create required solution considering unique factors of area specifics of each control room. This ensures creation of special conditions to monitor:
- energy systems (electric, gas, oil),
- transport flows (railway, automobile, air),
- security (video surveillance, access control, alarm, fire-extinguishing).
Control room requires a complex of equipment, including a system of information visualization constructed on the base of a screen of collective use (video wall), to display computer and video information, as well as a complex of additional equipment.
Structure Scheme of Control Room:
Equipment composition for display system of collective use:
Video wall is a main part of complex display system for control information. It is a multi-screen system. Depending on requirements for a system, few technologies to form an image can be offered:
- Video wall made of projection modules;
- Video wall made of monitors (plasma or LCD displays);
- Projection system on the basis of projector and screen.
The video wall can be used to display information windows from surveillance cameras and broadcasting media channels, and show images received during video conference.
It is worth mentioning that display of collective use on the basis of graphical video wall reflects modern tendencies and approaches to equipment of facilities with 24 hour personnel work, includes image technology elements underlining uniqueness of solutions used and original style. Installation of information visualization system will become a signature feature of your company.
As of today, few dozens of locations in Kyiv and few thousand in Europe are equipped with graphical video walls on the basis of projection modules.
Graphical video walls are multiple screen systems constructed from separate elements - projection modules (video cubes). Each projection module is a fully functioning means for information display. Due to high basic resolution, the system constructed from several modules has large informational capacity. For example, video wall comprised of ten projection modules in the configuration 5x2 with each module's definition of 1024x768 pixels has total screen definition of 5120x1536 pixels.
Video wall is collected from projection modules using seamless technology. Projection modules are rigidly mounted and installed on the rack.
Due to module construction, it is possible to increase video wall screen size vertically and horizontally by installing new projection modules.
Powerful graphic controller ensuring integration of video sources and source data on a video wall. This controller is able to manage video walls of practically unlimited size. Due to broad band of bus transmitting, integration is possible up to 320 external video sources. Windows with data or video sources can be scaled and moved freely around the video wall screen. It ensures reliable and stable video wall 24/7/365 operation.
CMS software (Control room Management Suite) is the leading tool for control rooms, providing informational support for decision making and increasing collaboration efficiency.
CMS provides operators and experts with a simple access to information. It enables prompt connection to data sources, defining how and where required data should be displayed, and helps to implement the principles of fruitful collaboration over the task.
CMS grants nearly unlimited possibilities to manage displays and data sources.
Barco display management software is launched on the desktop computers of the operators, which makes it possible to create, save and launch location schemes for information windows. All the signals from the sources can be opened on the wall and managed as fully scaled windows without considering the frames of separate screens.
Work space organization remains an important aspect for work productivity, attention focus, and work efficiency of controllers and personnel in the control room. Technological furniture of the control room combines high quality, functionality, considers ergonomic and technological requirements of the premises and technological processes. In this furniture everything is taken into account: built-in channels for cables, comfortable monitor bracing, incline sizes and angles are calculated. All of this provides comfort at the working place for controllers during many hours of working non-stop. Furniture has 10 years of warranty.