Video Management Software
Building Management System
Road Traffic Analysis System
Car Number Plate Recognition System
Perimeter Security System
Access Control System
Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) is a complex of equipment and software meant for monitoring the territory, activities and situations. Nowadays it is the most demanded system for security and monitoring purposes. Development of CCTV systems offers new opportunities not only for recording offenses but, more importantly, for preventing them.
Key Functions of Video SurveillanceSafety of people / property in office premises, at home or in a country house.
Installation of CCTV cameras helps not only to prevent crimes due to visual control but also to charge criminals using the information recorded by video camera.
Control over manufacturing and other technological processes, control over staff work
Video surveillance system installed in manufacturing departments or warehouses repeatedly proved its efficiency and cost recovery owing to significant reduction of risks.
If you install a video surveillance system you will be able to:
- monitor every stage of manufacturing process;
- prevent quality failure, violation of working conditions, safety rules;
- have full and recorded data about production accidents;
- prevent thefts and damage of manufactured goods and products as well as manufacturing equipment.
CCTV also allows ensuring a remote control from video cameras through Internet on any personal device (tablet, smart phone, desktop).
laces Where Video Surveillance Is Required
Producers of Video Surveillance Systems
FLIR, Bosch, Gazer, Dahua, Hikvision, GeoVision, Axis, Samsung, Avigilon, Panasonic.
We work with leading producers of CCTV systems. Due to variety of represented brands we can complete the project meeting the customer's requirements and price expectations.
|"In package" CCTV solution||CCTV solution + video analytics||CCTV solution + analytics + integration into the systems complex|
|For small office, small shop, country house, apartment.||For average and big offices, manufacturing enterprises, shopping areas.||For large enterprises, industrial enterprises, transport terminals, shopping malls, banks.|
|Systems sets include cameras of outdoor and / or indoor surveillance as well as video recorders.||Where necessary, specialized protected video cameras are installed at the enterprise premises.||Professional complex includes analytical video surveillance systems and integration with other security systems:|
|Preferable brands: Gazer, Dahua, Hikvision||Video analytics will help to detect undesirable events, evaluate the staff work, analyze customers behavior, etc, depending on your business needs. solution + video analytics||security alarm system, fire alarm system, fire fighting systems, access control, automated parking lot etc.|
FLIR, GeoVision, Samsung
Types of Video Surveillance
Security Video Surveillance
Security CCTV system is meant for security protection and it includes:
several video cameras, video signals processing devices, video information displaying devices (monitors), equipment for recording and storage of video information. The system of video surveillance in the center and adjacent territories and premises is built on basis of remote sensitive video cameras. Cameras may be installed indoor or outdoor.
Security CCTV System Ensures:
- Control over premises and territories during the day and at night time from the monitors.
- Recording option by means of motion sensors.
Technological (Industrial) Video Surveillance
For manufacturing enterprises protected cameras can be installed. They can work under unfavorable technological and meteo conditions, as well as under complicated temperature conditions.
Analytical Video Surveillance
CCTV systems have gone beyond the scope of security functions long ago. Modern systems provide intellectual analysis of received video stream.
Video analytics systems are capable to:
- Recognize faces of wanted criminals.
- Detect thefts.
- Distinguish inadequate behavior of people.
- Classify different objects (animals, children, transport) in the area of surveillance.
Availability of these systems also provides broad possibilities for marketing analytics. For instance, they help to evaluate work of shop assistants in sales areas, estimate the best way of goods layout (according to customer's behavior), as well as help to count visitors, fight queues, etc.
Integration of Video Surveillance with Other Security Systems
Complex integrated security system may consist of:
- Video surveillance system.
- Access control system, which enables to keep a record of staff working hours, receive information about zonal location of employees.
- System of automatic recognition of car license plates at the entrance or on parking lot, which gives visitors statistics, grants access to parking lot by permits.
- Security alarm system, fire alarm system, firefighting system. Security functions are performed in the most efficient way with the help of motion detectors on video cameras and intrusion detection sensors. When undesirable event happens in a certain area, operator is immediately informed by the system.
Integrated security systems can be built on the territory of distant objects but have common control center.
LEATER performs sells, designs, installs and integrates CCTV systems with accompanying security systems. Taking into consideration customers' needs we choose equipment and systems, which meet both your technical and financial requirements. We provide "package" sales for personal needs or needs of small business, as well as major projects that include "Safe City" systems complex, equipping large manufacturing enterprises on a turn-key basis, etc.
Video Management Software
Numerous corporations and enterprises around the world purchase Video Management Software in order to increase safety of their infrastructure and facilities in different locations.
Software for Video Management Systems
Specialized software for video management systems increases general safety due to reduction of response time to event, which allows law enforcement bodies and special forces to act in a more efficient manner in case of emergencies.
LEATER creates complex solutions developed on the basis of products by Milestone Systems, one of the leading producers of video management systems.
Milestone allows building a complex solution with operating management centers displaying hundreds of cameras on the video wall. In case of any event identified by the in-built camera analytics or the external analytics integrated with Milestone (by motion sensor, crossing the lines, a scream, a gunshot, suspicious abandoned objects etc), it significantly increases efficiency of response systems.
Tasks on systematization of information traffic solved by Milestone video management software at the enterprise:
- Monitoring hundreds of cameras placed around the enterprise and its remote offices and territories. Management of unlimited number of cameras.
- Prompt response to alarm actuation.
- Anytime access to video records and archives of critical situations for various services with distinct access rights differentiation (Ministry of Internal Affairs, Security Service of Ukraine, firefighters, operators...).
- Simple navigation between video management subsystems that are geographically distributed.
- Active management of several cameras simultaneously.
- Possibility of integration of an open platform with products and software of third party producers, for instance, video analysis systems, face recognition or car license plates recognition.
- Use of multilevel systems with different access rights.
- Access possibility from any computer or on-the-go (hot plug).
For systems requiring maximum situational awareness and accurate reaction to events, Milestone XProtect platform provides multilayer interactive maps with binding signaling devices. It also allows creation of situational centers with minimum time response and support of displaying any information on a shared video wall - Smart Wall.
Peculiarities of VMS Milestone:
- Software adaptation to customer's needs. In the course of a system extension the customer always suggests new requests for management of customer's video surveillance system. Thanks to Milestone open platform, these requests are possible to implement.
- Compatibility with third party hardware. Freedom in choice of camera's servers... i.e. compatibility with products of other manufacturers allows integrating video management systems that are either built on a single brand or various manufacturers.
- Open SDK module. It allows to adapt and integrate Milestone products with video analytics, business solutions like ERP systems, hardware (analog, IP cameras, access control system...), which are already available for the customer.
This approach to development of its products by XProtect led the company to the leading position on the market of VMS platforms. These products solve tasks both for small installations and major geographically distributed facilities. They are characterized by steady operation and broad functionality.
High system efficiency on XProtect platform is provided by architectural specifications of a software solution and a balanced set of functions:
- Centralized system management and single control interface.
- Unlimited number of cameras, servers, users.
- Automated server back-up.
- Optimization tools for use of network band.
- Optimization tools for use of CPU resources.
- Optimization tools for use of disks space.
- Interactive multilayer map connected to the alarm management center.
Milestone Frontend Applications
A frontend application is required in order to work with Milestone system. Three types of frontend applications exist, and they fully cover every possible way for workplace arrangement and access to the complex.
- SMART client. It is a professional tool for a video operator (dispatcher) that enables to arrange a big monitoring station using a map of an object, an alarm monitor, irregular cameras surveillance and various customizations.
- WEB client. Way of accessing mobile service using an IP address.
- Mobile client. It is complicated for content transfer, usually due to a narrow channel, but a special algorithm of this client provides optimization of the video stream by means of converting possibilities of transmitting channel. It supports IOS and Android platforms.
See an example of arranging a workplace for a SMART client below.
On the picture (right-to-left) we can see a video wall with an object map, binding cameras and displaying cameras in a separate window, further, an archive review, a search of an object in a blue window, alarm monitors, detailed review monitors and additional monitors for operators with a live picture.
LEATER is ready to develop a full-featured video management system in order to ensure security of infrastructure and all objects located in different areas for Ukrainian enterprises and companies of any size and scale.
Building Management System (BMS)
Nowadays it is hard to imagine a modern building functioning without an effective and reliable management system that is capable to ensure safety and comfort for people living or working in the building, as well as an efficient and reliable maintenance and optimization of resources used.
BMS: Building Management System ensures increased safety, improved comfort and efficient resource consumption.
Centralization of control and building utilities management can be arranged in different ways depending on the quantity of equipment and its functional use.
BMS should be differentiated into:
- Home Automation: systems for cottages, country houses and individual apartments,
- Building Automation: systems for commercial real estate.
Building Management System usually has a three level circuit:
- Upper level (Management Level). Dispatching and administration as well as work with databases and statistical functions. At this level cooperation between personnel (operators, dispatchers etc) and system is performed, which is implemented by means of computer devices and SCADA-systems.
- Middle level (Automation Level). Automated management of functional processes. Basic components of this level are: main controllers, signal input-output units, and various switching equipment.
- Low level (Field Level). Level of terminals with input/output functions. This level includes sensors, actuating mechanisms, cabling between devices and low-middle levels.
Building Management System includes subsystems for managing its various components, including:
- system for commercial accounting of heat consumption
- automatic equipment of Central Heat Supply Station, boiler systems and heating systems
- cooling stations and refrigeration supply systems
- water supply and plumbing system
- lightning, electric power supply and uninterrupted power supply system
- smoke removal, firefighting, etc;
- fire alarm system, fire and other emergency warning systems
- security-burglar signaling system
- access monitoring and control system
- closed-circuit, terrestrial and satellite television
- Structured cable system (SCS)
- telephone and long-distance communication
- automated parking
- other low current systems.
Road Traffic Analysis System
Road Traffic Analysis (RTA) is the most important process in road traffic management. A properly built road traffic management system, which is based on the comprehensive analysis of road traffic, can increase the traffic capacity of existing motorways.
A road traffic analysis (RTA) system comprises a number of solutions that consist of the following systems:
Video Surveillance SystemThis system makes it possible to remotely watch the situation on motorways. The system consists of video surveillance cameras and specialized software designed to manage the cameras and the video data they record and to interface with the other systems within a road traffic management and analysis complex. It also includes a system for intellectual analysis of video data.
Visual Information Display and Recording Instruments
Such instruments are designed for keeping records of the video data provided by the video surveillance system and for subsequent processing of such video data.
Automotive Number Plate Recognition, Registration, and Database Management System
Number Plate Automatic Recognition is a surveillance system that uses the method of optical character recognition (OCR) from images to read out number plates of motor vehicles. Such system can utilize the standard video cameras intended for the video surveillance system. However, we recommend using specially designed cameras to ensure the maximum efficiency.
Central Dispatching Control Station
This component comprises the creation of a specialized dispatching control station for the purposes of remote control over all systems used for management and monitoring of road traffic.
LED-based Road Signs and Data Screens with Variable Information
Jointly with the other systems within the complex, these components make it possible to optimize the movement of motor vehicles by means of informing the drivers about complicated road sections or about changes in the road traffic conditions within the motorways under control. This all makes it possible to decrease the probability of traffic jams.
A road traffic analysis system makes it possible to accomplish the tasks as follows:
- Remotely supervising the movement of motor vehicles at street and motorway crossings;
- Watching over such cases as complicated traffic in particular areas, road accidents, and violation of traffic rules;
- If required, an operator can, upon receiving an image from a troubled road section, remotely control the road traffic by means of changing the operating mode of traffic lights;
- Making fast decisions as to calling up the relevant authorities (traffic police or ambulance) in the event of a road accident or in any other problem situations;
- The present-day computer tools for image analysis make it possible to automatically collect the data about road traffic and to detect any traffic complications in particular areas, such as traffic jam, road accidents, and violations of traffic rules at troubled sections of motorways and at crossroads;
- The video surveillance system has a territorially distributed structure in order to ensure uniform control and management operations from the central dispatching station. Objects are equipped with a digital video surveillance system of a new generation based on IP technologies.
Such a structure of video surveillance system will ensure the access to all devices operating within the network. Besides, the system will make it possible to watch the video archives with the data removed from local recording devices and to identify the alarm activation parameters.
The main emphasis is made on the possibility to analyze the data provided by cameras in the automatic mode with timely notifications to the relevant authorities in the event of an alarming situation. This will make it possible to efficiently control large areas without the need to increase the number of video surveillance personnel. The video data analysis modules are located directly at the video cameras, and that makes it possible to easily increase the size of the video surveillance system without the need to install any additional servers for processing of video data. The system also makes it possible to set a logical sequence for image display from the video surveillance cameras at an operator's video screen, and to link the camera pictograms and the relevant video windows to location maps, and to set the parameters for alarm signal activation. There is also an opportunity to set the patrol routes. It is also possible to record all events to a network disk space and to provide access to the video archives from any point within the network in the course of a specified period of time.
The alarm signal activation parameters can be set based on the analysis of the following events:
- Control of the motor vehicles parked at restricted areas;
- Control over the motor vehicles that violated the traffic rules (making a turn at a restricted area; red lights running; wrong lane running; crossing a double solid line; restricted lane running; etc.);
- Motor vehicle speed control;
- Motor vehicles size control;
- The system operating in the automatic mode to enable the video surveillance operators to simply look thru the alarming events log in order to find the type, date, and time of an alarming event, instead of watching their video screens for 24 hours a day. The operators will thereafter just have a look at the video recording of the relevant event. Based on the data obtained, the operators make decision on taking appropriate measures.
Such a setup of work of video surveillance operators makes it possible to essentially decrease the number of the events passing unnoticed due to a decrease in the human fatigue factors.
Car Number Plate Recognition System
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) is the ability to automatically recognize the symbols contained in the number plates of a motor vehicle when read from an image provided by video surveillance cameras for the purposes of further processing by a security system.
In general, a number plate recognition system consists of a "frame-grabbing instrument" capable of capturing an image, searching for a number plate's position within the image, and subsequent singling out of the relevant symbols with the aid of optical character reading (OCR) tools, which translate the image pixels into visually readable digits.
Among the errors the new APNR technology is fighting against are the vague visual limits of symbols within a number plate due to a camera's bad focus or due to the movement of a car as well as the acute-angled images due to a camera's bad shooting angle and low contrast. Number plates may look unclear due to bright light of a vehicle headlamp or due to reflected sunlight and, in addition, some other factors may also influence the image sharpness.
Automatic number plates recognition system cameras:
Although some regular video surveillance cameras may often be used for this purpose, such cameras usually have low resolution. Moreover, they require good illumination onsite, work poorly when automotive lights are used at nighttime, have a rather low shutter speed and, consequently, can only be used in the case of non-moving vehicles.
As the core component of the system for providing images, the specially designed cameras Bosch REG-X are used. The REG-X cameras are based on award-winning technologies and provide absolute productivity when capturing vehicle number plates. The REG-X cameras provide perfect images both at daytime and at night, while the technology for eliminating excess details ensures the reliable readout of a number plate. A powerful infrared array with the wavelength of 850 nm ensures the operation of the REG-X cameras under any kind of illumination conditions, including complete darkness and blinding headlights. The 35 mm fixed focus lens provides the effective image with the resolution of 400 TVL at the distances of 11 m to 18 m. The REG-X cameras are easily integrated with regular dashboard cameras and are compatible with the IP66 standard to work under severe environment conditions.
Perimeter Security System
The main designation of perimeter security system is to early detect any intrusion to the guarded facility and to further alert the guards in order to take the appropriate subsequent steps.
Perimeter security system ensures safeguarding of the approach ways to an industrial facility or a privately owned parcel of land and is the first line of defense for an object. Due to a number of restrictions, a perimeter security system should be used in combination with some other security systems and alarms (such as video surveillance and intruder alarms).
Perimeter security system can protect not only the insides of industrial or business premises, but also the objects and articles of value located within the guarded area to ensure protection against burglary and vandalism.
There are many types of perimeter security systems nowadays. Each of those systems has its own advantages and disadvantages, and it is therefore very important to make a right decision as to the choice of the type of a perimeter security system for a particular facility.
Any kind of perimeter security system must meet a specific number of criteria:
- Capability of early detection of intruders, which means before they penetrate the facility;
- Exact compliance with the perimeter outlines and no 'blind spots';
- Concealed mounting of sensors of a security system;
- Independence of the parameters of a security system from seasonal and environmental conditions;
- Insensitivity to external factors of 'non-alarming' nature (i.e. industrial interference, noise from transit vehicles, small animals and birds);
- Stability against electromagnetic interference (i.e. storm discharges and sources of strong electromagnetic emission).
Complexity of a perimeter security system depends on:
- type of fencing;
- ground area;
- presence of trees, deepwater rivers, steep rocks, and some other details of terrain.
Who would need a perimeter security system?
- Factories and industrial enterprises because they have significant property assets.
- Facilities with large ground areas (i.e. business centers, logistical centers, and vacation hotels).
- Private cottages and country houses.
- the cost of such a security system is incompatible with the cost of a possible damage;
- no fast response to an alarming signal is provided; and
- this system is improperly designed and installed.
The main specifics of building a perimeter security system consists in the necessity to consider a large number of details staring from a facility design, the possible attack ranges, possible manners of intrusion, and availability of fencing and its design elements and up to the climatic conditions and the surroundings of a facility. The information on many of those details can only be obtained through onsite research, and this research must be conducted prior to all other operations to safeguard the facility's perimeter. In the course of design work, the following things must be identified: minimum required degree of facility protection; manner and nature of and procedure for the interaction of a perimeter security alarm system and any other instruments to safeguard a facility; paths for and methods of cable installation; etc. Since there are many points of interfacing with other systems, the design work of producing a perimeter security system becomes a complex task.
Successful creation of a reliable perimeter security system with no false alarms depends on how thoroughly all stages of the work are performed.
Access Control System
An access control system (ACS) is intended to secure sanctioned access to an enclosed area and to keep record of working time.
An Access Control System (ACS) will enable visual control of entrances to and exits from enclosed areas and will even record any attempts by employees or visitors to access restricted areas/premises within a guarded facility. Along with access restriction, an access control system will make it possible to assign an individual working schedule to each employee and to save and eventually examine the information about the events of a day. Such systems may operate autonomously and in connection with a computer. Depending on the size of a facility, the number of premises, and the number of personnel, particular types of equipment and software can be selected.
An access control system as a part of a general security system will make it possible to:
Preclude access of unauthorized visitors to the company grounds. The system will show a photograph of a visitor on the monitors watched by the security personnel; and will allow the employee access in strict compliance with their working schedules; it will also take record of the working hours; Provide automatic access to various premises only for the personnel listed on the access permission list for each of the guarded premises; Produce event logs.
An access control system comprises the following components:
- Core elements (PC, controllers, programming unit, and readout devices);
- Actuating elements (electromechanical locks, electric locks, electromagnetic locks, and turnstiles);
- While selection of the main equipment depends on the complexity of the facility to be guarded and on the number of users within the system, the actuating elements depend on the material of the surface where they will be mounted, with due regard to esthetical details.
The present-day ACS are easily integrated with the 1C-based accounting tools (for the purposes of working time sheets) and with other security systems. ACS are also used in the field of entertainment business in order to provide paid access and to ensure the payment of fees where it is interesting to apply a uniform system of payments (such as a single card with recorded data equivalent to an amount of money); these may be public skating rinks, ski resorts, etc.
When selecting a security system, it is important to remember that security systems are prone to technological obsolescence and to becoming more vulnerable to illegal intruders. Year after year, more and more advanced access tools and methods become available to deceive a security system and to cause damage through stealing some material values or information. On average, the expected service life of a security system is normally 5 to 10 years, and the system will require modernization or even complete replacement after such period expires (depending on what type of equipment was initially installed).
The efficiency of access control system increases significantly when integrated with video surveillance and alarm systems.
For the purposes of servicing a large facility, it is desirable to install an automated security system that consists of:
- fire alarm system;
- voice-based fire alarm system;
- intrusion alarm system;
- security video surveillance system; and
- access control system
For the purposes of integration of all those components into a single automated system, the Building Integration System (BIS) software set is designed.
This system is an integral platform to ensure the linkage between all security systems and some other systems, such as the technical equipment required for regular operation of duty shift services and dispatching departments.